Sunday, August 26, 2007

Banana Pops and Spending Tally




This is the banana pop aftermath. (If you look closely you'll see the fancy masking tape job I did on my boy's high chair. This high chair has been through many kids. I bought it for 13.00 from a garage sale five years ago. It's had parts replaced on it many times until finally Playskool just stopped having the parts in stock. It's still serviceable for my son though. I think by the time he's done with it I may have fully gotten my 13.00 out of it.)


As you can see, they clearly enjoyed their banana pop experience. We will have to do that again. We used up leftover chocolate sauce to dip fresh strawberries in. I think it would make a quick and easy dip for fruit. And you could fold in some whipped topping for a fluffy chocolate dip.


Well, as today went for spend free day I guess I failed. I spent one dollar.
We stopped at a flea market on the way to my mom's house and I bought a new straw hat for my daughter since my son seems to have taken over her old one- as you can see here.

My husband spent $10.00 on a cd set of 1920's-30's blues music. But, I can't hold that against him since the hiatus thing was my idea in the first place.

But, that's it for the day. I haven't made much of a dent in our pantry yet though. The brownie mix I made today to take to Mom's was replaced to two mixes she picked up for me from Kroger on a loss leader sale. And yesterday I finally got the box of tvp granules I ordered from Amazon. But, lunch was free (and delicious, thanks Mom!) and we had a good visit. Daughter was the happy recipient of a pair of Fisher Price adjustable roller skates, Barbies and Rescue Heroes- all garage sale rejects from a friend of my brothers. My Mom gifted me with a pair of denim overalls for the boy.
And my sweetie dug up a few Mimosa seedlings from my Mom's yard. So, we actually came out ahead today if you don't count gas money for the 3 hour round trip drive.

All in all a good day.. spending and otherwise.

No comments:

Google