Monday, August 27, 2007

Better but not great

Ok, this hiatus is not really a hiatus for me. It's not a hiatus because I keep buying stuff.

I am more aware of my expenditures though. And how easily it is to talk myself into a drive thru lunch (I drove home instead and made lunch), Snacks at the gas station (didn't stop because I didn't need the gas today), and ice cream treats (it's so hot here, but, I came home and made lemonade instead).

But, what I did do was drive to TJMaxx and I bought 8.15 of clearance clothing for my girl. I couldn't resist a turquoise blue eyelet dress for next summer marked down to 5.00. And then there was a cute three piece summer outfit (for next year too) that came with a white flowered top, denim shorts, and a matching handbag. Yes, I could have lived without those extra clothes but, I don't regret the purchase because I got them cheaply and I know they will be worn.
While I know that I wasn't supposed to be in the store at all today I do think I am making an effort. We will have to see if my credit card statement reflects this next month.

I'm doing much better at the pantry challenge part. I've got a pan of "meat"loaf in the fridge (made from oatmeal and veggie burger crumbles). I'm planning on making mashed potatoes too with our abundance of potatoes that are starting to turn on me.
And we have two tomatoes left that need to get eaten.
For dessert we have grapes or Budget Saver banana freezer pops.

Next month I think I am going to continue the pantry challenge by only taking $20.00 to the grocery store a week. I am not satisfied with how my pantry looks.

No comments:

Google