Saturday, August 25, 2007

Spending Tally for the day

After the parent/teacher circus this morning (where both of my children got to frolic and I got to sign them up for free developmental screenings and sessions with an educator) we had to stop by one garage sale.

I had earmarked it earlier in the week before I decided on the spending hiatus. It was close by. So, I counted the money in my wallet- 3.21- and decided I couldn't do too much damage. As it turned out they were already pretty picked over and I, breathing a small sigh of relief, only came away with spending one quarter on two spools of satin ribbon.

Then I had to stop by Shop N Save to pick up my prescription. 12.00. But, I left the store with only my medicine.


Then we stopped at Aldi so I could pick up milk (fat free and whole) and fruit.

I spent 10.31 for two gallons of milk, a container of grapes, a bag of bananas, and a clamshell of strawberries. Oh, and a bag for .05 since I forgot to bring one in with me. I reuse the paper bags over and over again to put my paper recycling in and when they are really beat up they get recycled too so I don't consider it a wasted nickel.


But, a trying afternoon left us drained and so we went out for Chinese food for lunch. And even though we used a coupon lunch was still 18.00.

Tonight is leftover spaghetti and bread from last night with a veggie burger on the side. Dessert is chocolate dipped bananas. Thanks for the idea, Meredith!

So, not a great day but tomorrow is another chance.

No comments:

Google