Sunday, July 29, 2007

Zoo Points

We're starting to train our daughter to clean up her toy room. For incentives (since she doesn't understand money quite yet) we're using a point chart with a goal in mind at the end. Everytime she cleans up her toy room she gets to check off a square (I think we do 20 squares).
This morning she got her last point and we're looking at a few hours at the zoo.
I'm kinda excited about it. And I'm quite proud of what a happy responible child I am raising. ; )

Maybe it's because she's four but she's quite glad to get small simple joys rather than whining for what she's not getting (expensive toys, frequent trips to McDonalds, etc.). Right now she hasn't heard much of "my {} is better than your {}."


This is my last opportunity to be on the computer for a few days. Hubby is taking his work laptop on a trip so I'll have to find other ways to keep busy.
You'll hear from me again soon though.

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

CLEVER idea! I know a lot of other Moms I know have also tried the "sticker" approach where the child gets a sticker for a good deed that they place on a matrix and when the matrix is full - they get a "treat".

Google