Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tax Free Days, Visit from Grandma, and Housework

Today and tomorrow are tax free days here in Missouri. All school supplies, clothing, and computer equipment is tax free. And I'm wondering if I have a need to join the fray and quite honestly while it should draw me in.. I just don't want to go.

First of all, I have all of our school supplies needs taken care of. Our pre'kr only need a box of kleenex (bought at Deals for 1.00), a bottle of elmers glue (bought at Wal-Mart for .20), a folder (I splurged and bought her a Disney princess one for 1.00), and a bottle of germ killer (which I bought on clearance for 1.75 and then realized that you can get giant generic bottles of it for Dollar Tree etc 1.00). We're reusing her backpack from last year.
Really, unless your backpack sees heavy use I don't see any reason to get a new back pack every year. I had my college back pack until my last semester when the zipper finally gave out. And I didn't buy another one either. I just used another bag that I had.
I am tempted to go get extra art supplies for giving to my twin nieces as part of their Christmas gifts. But, is it worth the gas and effort to save .30 on crayons and paint? Probably not when they are dirt cheap anyway.
I am wondering whether this tax free thing applies at the Goodwill also.
I went to the best Goodwill yesterday. And I got a few nice new things to save for presents. A new in package Gerber hoodie towel for 3.00 will make a nice gift for hubbys co-worker baby present.

Right now it's almost 11 am and I am waiting for my Mom to show up. She's spending the night with us so she can enjoy her Grandchildren. My daughter is super excited.
My little guy is fast asleep in his crib. Instead of putting him a disposable for sleeping today I am trying two cloth diapers. My husband thinks I am insane but, as long as he doesn't have to mess with the cloth diapers then I don't care.

I've been working bit by bit on picking up the house. I had forgotten how destructive and gross toddlers can be until recently. Our guys spends his waking hours casually dropping toys and food throughout the house. There are kix cereal balls all over the downstairs. Sometimes I see one of our cats snacking on them. Ugh. Vacuum cleaner day. I've been discouraged lately though because every time I think how I'm really going to get the house totally clean, I remember how little times it takes to mess it back up. Oh well.. I can't live in filth.
Speaking of that.. I should probably go work on the laundry and scrub the toilet.

No comments:

Google