Saturday, July 28, 2007

Birthday parties and ways to spend more of your money

One of our daughters friends had a birthday party at Build-A-Bear today.
I had never been to a Build a Bear before so I didn't know what to expect.
It was really fun for all the girls. They all got to pick out their own bear to stuff, name and 'dress' with bows. I wasn't quite sure what the 'dress' part of the party consisted of because there are racks of clothes all throughout the store. But, for the party which was ten dollars per kid (the party parents paid for all the girls) the clothes are bows to go on the bears neck, ears and tail.

So, I can easily see how a parent could get sucked in spending lots of money on multiple outfits, shoes and purses for your bear. I briefly considered getting an outfit for her bear but held myself back. She didn't seem to think her bear was lacking anything (it isn't) and I think I will wait to put something under the tree for her at Christmas. And it will give me a chance to see how attached to this bear she gets. You never can know which toy is going to be a favorite or one she just goes "Eh." too.


I have seen other Build A Bear for sale at thrift stores and garage sales before though. I bet I can find some clothes this way too and have a little something for her stocking.

Which reminds me of a great present I found for my little boy at Tuesday Morning yesterday. Tuesday Morning has higher end housewares for a discount. Most of the time I walk by their offerings because they are unnecessary or still high priced. But, they have good clearance deals.
I found an eight in one wooden toy set with a puzzle, blocks, shape sorter etc. on sale for 5.99. This is going to be his big present so I'm quite pleased I spent so little and I think he'll use it.

No comments:

Google