Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cloth Diapering.... again.

With my first child we started out using cloth and disposable diapers. I was fortunate enough to have generous in laws who offered to pay for three months of diaper services for us. Well, that company went out of business at the end of those three months and I was able to buy up some of their very nice diapers for 5.00 a dozen.
I also accrued two dozen unbleaced diapers, a dozen unfolded diapers, and various covers and snaps. All told I probably have invested 150 dollars in cloth diapers. My daughter wore mostly disposable after those first few months with another try at cloth diapering around the time we were ready to potty train.

So, I've been rereading my Tightwad Gazette for inspiration... and I stumble on a diapering article that I'd forgotten about. Here's an easy way for me to pinch a couple lincolns... cloth diapers. I have them. I have a toddler. Voila.
My son is now 17 months old and I decided that it was time to finally get my money out of those cloth diapers that are sitting in his closet.
So, this is his second day in cloth diapers. We still put him in a disposable for outings and for sleep. Now I have to think about buying a drying rack for the diapers and covers. We don't have a clothes line outside.
Another thing to consider.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just can't beat gool ole' cloth diapers! I love the picture of the cloth diapers on the drying rack. Reminds me of how it used to be in our house.

I used pins and rubber pants with flats, and after 5 children I can't imagine the money I saved. Anyhow congats to you for cloth diapering---- and on such a great blog!

Barb.

Google