Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Amy Challenge.

So, I've been perusing my Tightwad Gazette daily lately. I'm reinspired, which is the case whenever I reread it.

I'm still doing cloth diapers whenever we're home during the day. I did my first small load of diapers and they are hanging to dry in our laundry room. I splurged and bought the cheap drying rack from Target. I put it together while I watched a Joyce Meyer show on some religious channel that we now get.

Oh yeah, we shaved many many channels off of our DTV package for a $20.00 savings monthly. It was a compromise between keeping the big package that we had (I will miss you TLC, DHC and A&E) and getting rid of it completely. Our reception isn't good anyway and we really love having a tivo. Now I think I'll watch less tv during the day since my favorite shows are no longer available to me. At least until Lost, Survivor, and Grey's Anatomy restart.

I made two jugs of sun tea instead of drinking up our hoarded cases of our sale pop.
My husband is a big dude who needs lot of hydration so this hits the spot. And I enjoy seeing my tea jug perking on the patio in the sunlight.

I made lentil soup for dinner which was pretty good but not toddler friendly. We had bing cherries for dessert.

On a not so frugal note I settled on a day care provider for my son when my daughter goes back to preschool. Because we don't live close to relatives or anyone I know well enough to leave my children with I don't have a free sitter. And I have to be available for helping and field trips and I can't take jr. Yeah, it bugs me too but, the side benefit is that those days that I'm not at preschool.. I get to grocery shop alone or see a Dr. w/o small companions. We're looking at 5-10 hours a week. Next Tuesday is his free trial day and I hope he likes it.

I think that's all for now.

2 comments:

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

I LOVE Amy. She is the "celeberety" that I would scream and beg for autographs if I actually saw her in person. (not that I know what she looks like.) I credit her Tightwad Gazette with getting me started on frugality, and helping me see what can be possible on a limited budget. I like your blog! I'll be back.

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Pretend I spelled celebrity right. Goodness!

Google