Friday, June 15, 2007

Hair and produce.

I've been really missing my computer. Our personal laptop hasn't been working and I've been having to borrow hubbys work laptop but it doesn't seem that I have that much time with it to get it all done. I guess I didn't realize how much I use the computer for everything (freebie searches, mapquest directions, library searches/holds, recipes, communication....etc.).

I hit the motherlode of produce clearance at Save A Lot. I even took pictures to show you. But, I haven't had time to put them up. Maybe tomorrow.
But, let me just say that for less than four bucks I got a papaya, a zuchini, a few plums, peaches, a mango, a cantaloupe, three oranges, a bag of baby carrots, apples, a lime, five roma tomatoes, and two baker potatoes.
I made a peach crisp with the peaches as they were getting overripe. Sweety took the mango for part of his lunch and tomorrow we'll be eating cantaloupe with our chocolate chip bread that daughter and I made today.

Tonight was not so frugal I guess. I had a buy one get one coupon for a noodle bowl restaurant we wanted to try. It was good but, not worth it without the coupon. And then we headed over to Trader Joes to stock up on tofu and organic milk for the baby.
And we splurged on a container of chocolate covered ginger for an early father's day present.

Well, it's time to help get the young' uns into bed and maybe we have time to snuggle and watch a library dvd.

And tomorrow is a busy day. Haircut for hubby and swimming lesson for daughter.
Also, finally I'm splurging on my hair. It's my once a year highlight session and I'm really looking forward to sitting in a chair for an hour in a half with stinky foils on my hair because I'm doing it for me!

No comments:

Google