Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pickle Burger... it's what's for dinner.

For those of you who aren't acquainted with Amy Dacycyzn's epic saga of thrift, "The Complete Tightwad Gazette" let me introduce you to an idea on how to use up your pickle juice. Now Amy uses sweet pickle juice on pork chops (topped with I think ketchup) to bake into a nice sweet marinated meat.
Since my family is semi-vegetarian and we prefer dill pickles to sweet this is what I do:

Take three or four Boca veggie patties, pour over your pickle juice, top generously with ketchup and perhaps some onion slices. Bake it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

I served mine with a side of lima beans, real mashed potatoes, and a small salad. And of course a generous helping of familial love.
Everyone... including the 16 month old... ate pickle burger with smiles on their faces.
Now, that's a recipe that I get a lot of use out of.
Hope you can too.

No comments:

Google