Thursday, April 19, 2007

Concessions of a Bargain shopaholic

Today is that one special day a week when for two whole glorious hours I don't have any children to tend. I have a sitter (major spoils for me since I'm a stay at homer) one day a week so that I can help with preschool, go to dr's appointments, clean and just have a small break from my wee one and get quality time with my eldest. My husband is an angel because he doesn't bat an eye at this weekly expense. I think I must be a nicer wife after my 'day off'.
Ok, I needed to do chores... but, I had so many little things I wanted to buy from this store or that store. Two friends are having babies in June so I wanted to buy little things to give them. I had a lampshade that I had to return to Big Lots so I took a little tour through their store to see what I could see. Into the cart went Carters onesies, carters socks, Buster Brown booties, clearance Little Tykes dipes and pull ups (for my own children), Evenflo pacifiers, and I found a cute little basket to put baby boy stuff in.
After a quick tour of the food section I found some Nescafe Cafe Con Leche instant drink mix for 1.99. I'm a sucker for coffee flavored things as long as they are coffee with something else. The Nescafe tastes great with a small sprinkle of Trader Joe's Free Trade Cocoa. And it is totally just as good as a 4 dollar latte from Starbucks.
After picking up my preschooler I took her out for a special mommy/daughter lunch. We brought home the leftovers so we have a lunch tomorrow too. I was so proud of her. She ordered her own lunch and behaved so well at the table too.
Then we went to Dollar Tree... one of my favorite stores. I never leave there empty handed. I bought gift lotion/wash sets and Care Bear wipes for the baby gifts. I treated my girl to a Shrek swimming pool ring and a cartoon video. I bought my darling a cd I thought he'd like.
After getting home and assembling the baby gifts, I have to say they look quite nice. It's something I would have been pleased to receive when I was pregnant. And now that I'm done with the baby gifts
I have no excuses to go shopping for this or that.
Next week I think the only thing I will have to buy is milk and snacks to take to preschool.

No comments:

Google