Friday, February 21, 2014

Decluttering, Unsubscribing and Letting them eat cake.

Decluttering is what's going on here.  Yesterday I started remaking over my tiny walk in closet that I share with my husband.  I moved in a dresser from my daughter's room to hold my purses, scarves, swim suits and extra beauty products.  It looks pretty good and I have more room on the floor of my closet.  I got rid of a few purses, clothes and shoes. 

I've been whittling down my collection of samples and foil packets.  I've been deleting and unsubscribing from any beauty company emails.  It's refreshing to let go of all this stuff and I don't need the temptation from a good sale anymore.  I need so little.  And I'd rather have the money.


Today I am baking a birthday cake for my son's 8th birthday party.  It will not be bakery gorgeous.  I don't do that.  But, it will be fun.  I bought Lego shaped candy to decorate it and a big Lego person pen to put on top. 

I'd better get to it.  I'm actually excited about a clean closet.  Isn't that weird?  The happier I become with my house, the less I will want to shop for an escape.

No comments:

Google