Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's For Dinner: Homemade Skillet Helper

Sometimes I have no idea what I'm going to make. Even if I start thinking about it early in the day. So, 5:30 rolled around and I decided to just start chopping and cooking stuff and see what happened. Apparently, the result was good enough that Big Girl had two helpings and
Hubby requested that I make my skillet concoction again. So before I forget I'm going to write down what I did.

Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a skillet
Then toss in:
1 shallot chopped
4 cloves of garlic- diced

Cook the garlic and shallot until lightly browned then add:

1/2 bag frozen Trader Joe's Stir Fry Vegetable mix
1/2 cup of frozen peas
About 8 chopped up veggie chic nuggets- chopped
2 cups of egg noodles
Enough water to cover the top of the food in the skillet

Sprinkle in: celery seed, some seasoned salt, some onion powder, a little paprika, and some vegetable gravy powder.

Cook on medium until all the water is absorbed and the noodles are soft.

No comments:

Google