Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Having a Nice Ice Day

We don't have the snowy blizzardy downfall yet but I can hear the ice pellets hitting even with a ceiling fan and the speakers booming from the kids movie. School was canceled and hubby elected to do some work from home today (amen).

I have the fireplace cleaned out and hubby loaded it with our backyard log/stick debris. I am ready with granola bars, muffins, boiled eggs, and peanut butter if our power goes out. I set out extra candles in case we need them. I do wish I had a 72 hour emergency kit prepared.

Now I just have to go about my normal day with no where to go.

Laundry (natch)
Dishes (natch)
Reading (decadence)
Baking (snickerdoodles and bread machine naan)
General Tidying and Taking Care of Cluttered Up Flat Surfaces
Snuggling!
Hot Cocoa
Indian Food for the adults. Something similar to this curry recipe but with fewer ingredients since I don't have much but sweet potatoes, chickpeas, peas, onions, garlic and ginger.
Comfort Food for the kiddos- ramen noodle soup or pbjs.

No comments:

Google