Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day


A bit of a depression has landed on me since we finished the holidays. It's not unusual for me to feel a little let down after the first of the year. I start thinking about Christmas right after Thanksgiving and to have it end seemingly so soon with so little fanfare is a sadness to me. Also this was my first Christmas without my father and it was hard on my brothers and mom. I know how sick he was and I know he's in a better place now. But, Christmas was more emotional than I expected.
So, I've been dragging my feet about putting away our tree and decorations even though the boxes are in the way and the furniture should go back to it's normal placement. Today I have to clean off the mantle and I think we're nearly done.

The good news is that I get to keep my babies home with me today because it's a snow day. So far it's been a pretty quiet morning. I slept in a bit while they grabbed a snack from the fridge and played a card game. It's been a nice morning and now I have to make them some real food and get on with my day. I'm hoping for a great and productive day with my kiddos.

On a money goal note- we received a check for $26 from changing over our phone/internet provider and I'm adding that money to my pot.

No comments:

Google