Friday, July 16, 2010

Today I puree squash for a Coconut Curry


I found this surprise squash in my front garden. I thought it was a zucchini that had turned yellow from all our heat. Next time I'll let the little guy get a little more yellow. But, this one is destined for the cooking pot.


This is a great idea I got from a old friend on Facebook-

"so easy to make: puree chopped raw yellow squash or yellow belle peppers, raw garlic cloves, & fresh herbs of your choice with coconut milk to cover. Pour mixture into pot with heated olive oil and stir.Add curry, turmeric, cumin, salt, cinnamon to taste. While cooking puree, add sliced onion and raw meat depending on cooking time, add raw veggies of choice toward end. I made mine with seitan, red onions and more squash & served over coconut basmati rice."

I am going to add tofu and zucchini to my curry mix.

No comments:

Google