Saturday, July 10, 2010

Portrait of a Good Life




My Mom was visiting for a few days and we went to garage sales this morning. I didn't find much but I did get a few goodies.

Free Wooden Hangers
25 cent VHS kids movie
$1 one cup coffee maker that I don't have to buy those expensive mini cups for
25 cent wire basket for mail
$3 alarm clock for Big Girl
50 cent princess wall decoration for Big Girl
Not pictured is a smocked yard of material we made into a skirt for Big Girl

This giant matchbox play set was free.
Here are two of five zucchinis I've picked this week from my front yard. I sent my Mom home with three of them. (And also a loaf of banana bread we made)


My front porch area. I love my new chair. The cosmo seeds I collected from my mother-in-laws plants last year have really been a hit. Great punch of color and the bumble bees love them. See also the pile of rocks and geodes that we collected last weekend at my in-laws farm.

Here is my Mom sewing a dress for Big Girl. We found a scraps in the pile of stuff from my Grandma's collection that were already cut for a skirt. It was the perfect size for a sundress for Big Girl. Mom did most of the sewing because I am very sewing challenged. We already had the machine out for the skirt material we bought anyway (which is technically not me buying new clothes, see?)

Here's Big Girl wearing her new dress and holding up the skirt we sewed up for her. I found some butterfly appliques in my craft stash. It think this sun dress will be even cuter with a t-shirt underneath of it. My Mom left the straps long so I can adjust it as she grows.

No comments:

Google