Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Remedial Eating and Getting Back on Track.

Is it just me or does it seem as though when one part of your life falls apart the rest seems to follow behind it?

As we slowly tackle our house clutter/chore monster I have decided I also need to tackle my fat monster.

Yesterday I signed up for online weight watchers as I desperately need to relearn how to eat healthfully. Too many late night bags of chips on the couch with Hubby have caught up with me. I do not want to become food obsessed or worry about every little calorie and call myself "bad" when I've gotten off course. I just need to get to a point where eating well isn't a challenge and portion control is easy to obtain. I want to be healthy and still eat an occasional piece of cake without guilt.

Along with that I signed up for zumba classes that start next week. I didn't get to do the class last night so I came home and dug out all of our exercise tapes and dvds and picked one to do.
It kicked my butt but it felt good to be moving again.

What's on the agenda today:
Mail packages
Tackle pile of mending
Put away laundry
Unload/load dishwasher
Pick up toys
Sweep kitchen
Water tomatoes
Read library books to kids
Make dinner (I've already prepped the main course)


I'm also giving myself a little pat on the back for making dinner at the last minute when I was planning on having hubby bring take out home. I made a thrown together stir fry and it turned out ok- if uninspired. My fridge is a bit empty.

2 comments:

twelvedaysold said...

Congrats on the weight watchers! I have some friends that use weight watchers and love it. I think the best thing about that program is that it doesn't limit necessarily WHAT you eat, just HOW MUCH you eat. Which, if that cheesecake means no dinner tonight or breakfast the next day, you'll rethink it.

I tell you what, that 30 Day Shred is kicking my behind! Which isn't where I need it most, but I'll take it.

Keep up the good work!

Rhonda said...

best wishes to you! new diet and new exercise plan will keep you on your toes.

Google