Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Playing in the Dirt & Making Big Purchases

I took my Mom to Lowe's to shop for flowers as part of her Mother's Day present. She looked kinda strange at me for asking the clerk where the clearance section was but had great fun clearing it out when we got there. In fact, everything we bought was half off or better.

I planted her flowers yesterday. And today I planted all of mine.

4 perennial flowers
Petunias
Alysum
Snapdragons
Iris bulbs
One bell pepper baby that I started from seed

I still have lily bulbs and strawberry starts to plant.

I did not get much done in the house except three key things- a load of laundry, a load of dishes, and I made dinner. We had beanie weenie, homemade corn bread, and fruit salad.

It was a good day!

Tomorrow I am going to order a love seat with a pull out sleeper from the furniture store. This is the first step in a long process of turning our Master bedroom into a haven instead of a dumping pit. In a moment I am going upstairs with Hubby to start decluttering and moving furniture around to fit our new couch.

That new couch is a long wanted item and the first major furniture purchase we've made since Little Guy was born. We also picked out a brand new, swanky bedroom set after four years of unfruitful second hand shopping and hand wringing over buying new. I feel weird about spending this much money on myself when I'm normally content to do without or buy second hand. There is guilt, worry, and a major feeling of excitement about spending money on something that is just for us. I'm looking forward to having a pretty bedroom. I've never had one before.

No comments:

Google