Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pantry Challenge Day 14 + 15

Day 14
Breakfast- kids had pb pancakes and milk. Hubby had a veggie burger (his normal fare) and I skipped
Lunch- I had a late breakfast of an egg sandwich and hash brown from McD's. sigh. Little Guy had a grilled cheese and apple slices. Big Girl had an apple, a cheese stick, a fruit roll up and some wheat crackers in her lunch box. Hubby ate miscellaneous leftovers from the freezer.
Dinner- I made a red sauce with veggie sausage and high fiber pasta.

Day 15
Breakfast- We're having this crock pot oatmeal. I've already got it in the crock pot. No reason for me not to eat breakfast! Thanks Jen.
Lunch- canned soup and cheese quesadillas , lemonade
Dinner- Making bread machine dough for hamburger buns now. We'll have veggie burgers. (we're out of lettuce and tomato but I might grill some onion. We still have cheese).


I made a batch of potato chips to go with the burgers. I followed the recipe but I ended up tweaking it when I had problems. It took me a long time to get all four potatoes microwaved but the chips are very good. I will not use plastic wrap next time as that melted. I ended up using a covered casserole dish and microwaving for just five minutes.
We have tortillas, pineapple, and sour cream that need to be used up.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'd love to hear how the oatmeal turned out for you. I've always had great success but recently had a reader say hers turned out as mush. . trying to figure out what happened :(

Google