Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A quiet evening in.

This is our first evening of Christmas vacation. Instead of going out for a meal I decided to make a cozy bowl of potato and carrot soup and serve it with our leftover buttermilk bread. I found a half gallon of buttermilk on clearance for .99. Best find all week as this bread is delicious even cooked entirely in the bread machine.

To make this humble soup special I decided to whip up an herb mixture from my new cookbook.
I read about this cookbook on Frugal Upstate and I just couldn't part with the money to order it from Amazon. So, I waited patiently for it to come from Paperbackswap.



Those empty spice bottles from my recent pantry clean out are coming in handy now when I get the sudden urge to whip up a mixture.

No comments:

Google