Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Shopping Confessional.

All I have left to do for Christmas shopping is get two gift cards and maybe a box of cookies for the library ladies who are so helpful each week.

So, I was feeling a little relaxed when I popped into JcPenney to return a pair of ill fitting jeans.
And then I passed the rack of sale Big and Tall shirts for Hubby. I picked up a nice work shirt for him. Hmm, I could use a new sweater for the holidays.

Anyhoo, I ended up with two sweaters for me and a new shirt for him and I spent $60. Do you know what I could do with $60 in the Goodwill? I am tempted to have Hubby return my purchases and take half of that to the thrift store to find replacements.

The piped in Christmas music and the people with their piles of gifts weighing their arms down all conspired against me. Oh how easy it is to tell ourselves, "I deserve it. I am worth it. It's only a few dollars. It's on sale."

And (sigh) I didn't even have a ubiquitous JcPenney coupon to save a few dollars. I hope I like those sweaters.

No comments:

Google