Friday, August 14, 2009

What I've been up to.

We're counting down the days until school starts next week. We've been a busy bunch.

In the last week we've traveled by Amtrak train to visit friends in Kansas City. It was part of a celebration for our finally potty trained Little Guy. He loved riding on a real choo choo train.
Our trip was blissfully uneventful where I got to do a lot of girl chat with a good friend and the kids were equally entertained by her two little ones. We ended the trip with a visit to her and her husband's sporting goods store to get shoes for the children.
Let me say this as a friend of a small business owner- if you can afford to shop at a local business and you appreciate their great customer service and quality products, please do so.

This week we've spent a lot of time at the grocery store shopping for rebate stuff. I am stocked up and am sick of grocery shopping.

We spent some time yesterday at the new Citygarden in downtown St. Louis. It was wonderful! And all free! Be sure to bring a lot of cold water and snacks. And maybe a blanket to lay on while the kids splash away.

Tonight we're taking a picnic to an outdoor concert. It will be the only one we've managed to get to all summer. My music loving hubby is very excited.

Next Tuesday everyone heads back to school and I am so looking forward to having a new routine. I know I'll miss the kids but I think we're all ready.

No comments:

Google