Monday, June 22, 2009

What's on the Agenda

This article by Donna Freedman is timely for me right now as we just got a Costco coupon booklet filled with things we use and are running low on.
The problem is that I have lost all control over what's in my pantry, fridge, and freezer. I'll be working on cooking from my kitchen until right before those coupons expire.

Last night we had bowls of leftover sliced hot dogs and broccoli in shells and cheese.

Tonight we're having a prepared dinner from the freezer. Throw in the three stray mushrooms before they go bad? And I baked some frozen egg rolls I found.

I need to freeze or cook up some strawberry, blueberry, and banana bread. Smoothies for dessert?

There's an old tofurky lurking my basement freezer that would go nicely with the yukons in my veggie bin.

1 comment:

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

That article contains some worthwhile reminders. We always talk, at my house, about how we could probably survive for weeks even when we feel like the cupboards are bare.

Google