Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not getting Mother of the Year any time soon.

You guys, I have been out of it for a while. It's been sneaking up on me for some time- this exhaustion and brain fog. Even my Dr. suggested that I might need to get my thyroid tested because I'm fatigued. I didn't even tell her that I was tired all of the time. It didn't even occur to me that I am tired all of the time. I've been taking iron supplements just in case.

Yesterday I forgot that it was early pick up day at Big Girl's school. Even though I'd mentally reminded myself multiple times and I had it written on the calendar. Thankfully she was not even a little upset with me since she got to spend some time in the after school care with her school mates. But still.

Add potty training a stubborn boy. Hubby car wreck and injuries. Stomach Bugs. Car shopping. And two birthdays this month. I'm not even going to the Valentine's Day party at school today (I didn't volunteer for this one) because I don't have the inclination to take Little Guy to the drop off care center.

We have our parents as teachers lady coming tonight and it's going to take me all day to shovel the toys up and vacuum the dog hair. My MIL gave me a dog breed dna testing kit for Abby. I sent it off a week ago and I am so looking forward to seeing what all is going in there.

4 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling overwhelmed. I hope you feel better soon. I'll give you a call this weekend to catch up.

Anonymous said...

Where did she get the kit? We've been thinking about doing that.

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Amy,
I haven't gotten my results back so I can't verify anything about the company.

http://www.biopetvetlab.com/dnahome.htm

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I promise that this too shall pass. Sometimes I get in a funk too, I so feel ya.

That pooch? ADORABLE.

Google