Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today's Doings

I spent an hour last night matching Target store coupons with MFR coupons. I'm starting to consider couponing and bargain hunting my part time job. It can get really tiring trying to save a dime but then I think about how much money I would waste without them and I just keep on.

Little Guy and I went to Target this morning.

I bribed him with a popcorn/lemonade combo for $1.60. And I have leftover popcorn for the Netflix movie with Hubby tonight.

They had the Electrasol on sale for $3.25 with 5 bonus tabs. I used my $2.50 coupon and got the box for .75 cents.
I combined a .75 cent Kellogs Target catalina with a $1 MFR coupon and got a clearance box of Frosted Wheat Squares for .73 cents.
Boxes of Boca Crumbles were on clearance for $3.17 a pack so I bought the last three. That's a month worth of "hamburger" for us.
Hubby only likes Pantene so I combined $1 Target coupon with $1 MFR coupon and got a bottle for $1.79. Not great but I made sure to pick a bottle that had two travel sized bottles attached.

And I combined coupons for two big packs of Charmin. $5.74 for a dozen rolls. Please, someone tell me why toilet paper costs so much?

Then to kill time before school pick up we went to Goodwill. I found a Karen Scott twin set sweater with a half off tag for $1.50. And that's all we bought there.

We finished our bread after the pbjs at lunch. So, I am trying out the wheat bread recipe from my Breadmachine cook book.

And I found directions on how to make sweet tea so I whipped some of that up. We're running low on soda and I just don't know when I'll get around to buying or affording more. I hope we like this substitute.

Dinner is a dinner kit that's taking up too much space in the freezer. Sounds delicious doesn't it?

No comments:

Google