Saturday, November 22, 2008

What's Cooking Today...

I've been a hermit for the last week because we're battling yet another cold. This one isn't so bad except for the debilitating exhaustion. All I want to do is sleep and play games on the computer.
So, it's been a slow week and I'm behind on everything and dinners of late have been drive thru, delivery, or mac n cheese or cereal. It's pretty sad.

Tonight however we are shaking off the dust and going to visit friends for dinner at their house. I'm making french bread dough in my machine (to be baked in my oven) and I found a brownie recipe using cake mix. I have an abundance of cake mix to use up.

This is the recipe:
BROWNIES FROM A CAKE MIX
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 devil's food cake mix
1/4 c. water
1 egg
Combine all ingredients. Dough will be stiff. Spread in 9 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT overbake.

I added a few spoonfuls of chunky peanut butter to the batter and sprinkled chocolate chips on top.


No comments:

Google