Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What's for dinner: What's for Dessert.


Well, I'm not sure of dinner yet. But, I just bought some cottage cheese and now I need to find a way to cook it so that everyone else will eat it too.

I found this Cheese Cake recipe on all recipes:

Cottage Cheesecake

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 2 cups cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Melt butter in an 8 inch square pan. Stir in graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Pat over bottom and onto sides of dish. Set aside.
  2. In a blender, combine cottage cheese, milk, eggs, flour, lemon juice, vanilla, 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until filling is firm. Allow to cool completely.


I already have a sale/coupon purchased Keebler crust in the pantry. And instead of lemon juice I think I'll use some leftover pinapple. Even if it comes out wrong, it will still be so right.
It came out great. I drained the pineapple and used two tablespoons of the juice and threw in a couple tablespoons of the fruit.

Now I just need to figure out what to bake along with it for dinner. We've already had rice pizza and boca burger stew this week. My crisper is almost empty except for two carrots and a handful of chopped onion. Hmmm. Maybe I can figure out how to oven bake some chilaquilles. Maybe I could do a mexican version of egg pizza?

No comments:

Google