Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pocket Book Friendly Entertainment.

I've already blogged about how we've cut off our directtv account to save money every month.

We haven't missed much because our favorite shows can be seen through the internet. We watch streaming movies from Netflix, Hulu.com, ABC.com, CBS.com, and now the Discovery channel.

Do you know how thrilled I am to unload the dishwasher or fold laundry while I watch Jon & Kate Plus 8? I don't miss my shows and now it's portable because of our laptop.

Our Netflix account is ten dollars a month. We don't do Blockbuster and RedBox is limiting.
But, with the streaming videos we've been able to view all of the 1970's Good Neighbors (Good Friends) episodes at our leisure. We can also get family movies for the kids to watch too.

So, for ten dollars a month plus a few library fines for overdue dvds here and there, our limited entertainment budget feels less constricting than our old indulgent one.

No comments:

Google