Monday, October 6, 2008

Making Chunky Applesauce & What's For Dinner

I made chunky applesauce to freeze today. It was so easy too. I wish I would have made more. Instead I'll be doing this again tomorrow.

Here's what I did-

In a big stock pot put about 25 peeled, cored and chopped small apples. Add an inch to an inch and a half of water on the bottom. Throw in a cup of sugar and boil for twenty minutes.
Get out the potato masher and give them a good bashing. Add a teaspoon or so of vanilla and a few dashes of cinnamon. Cook for another ten minutes on low. Take off of the heat and give it another bashing with the masher. Let it cool and serve. Tastes good warm too.


I did a fridge clean out today and came up with a handful of mushrooms, half a jar of spaghetti sauce, half a bag of mozzarella cheese, and a container of leftover brown rice.
We're having Rice Crust Pizza and garden salad topped with our fresh tomatoes. Yum!

No comments:

Google