Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Kreativ Blogger Award
This award comes from A Home With a Smile. She's one of my must reads. Her sense of style and her continual frugal finds and re-dos continue to inspire me.
These are the rules for getting this award
1. List 6 things about yourself
2. Pass this award on to other bloggers
1. I hate mopping. But, I must make my bed everyday. And my kid's beds.
2. Getting the mail is exciting to me. I look forward to it every day. The first thing I do is go through it and make a recycling pile. Then a coupon pile/freebie pile. And then a bill pile for hubby. I love to put a stack of junk mail in the recycling bin.
3. If I get a free sample of laundry detergent it makes my day. I always make sure to get at least two loads out of each packet and I'll even cut the container open and throw it off in the washer.
4. I love soup. Once I find a restaurant that has good soup it will become my favorite. I love to make soup too. If you're ever in Kansas City you must eat at Hien Vuong in the city market. Their tofu egg noodle soup is my favorite food in the whole world. Ask for it with a side of herbs.
**On a side note- we moved from Kansas City two years ago. I -loved- living there. And I would go back in a heart beat if we weren't so much closer to in-laws. The City Market is my favorite place in the whole city. I have to mention the Nelson Atkins art museum too as it houses Persephone by Thomas Hart Benton. It's my favorite painting by my favorite artist. Ok, enough about that.**
5. I'm starting a stock pile of sale foods in my basement. I'm also considering a 72 hour kit.
Although I'm not LDS, I have always admired their financial and otherwise practical take on preparing for life.
6. Halloween is my favorite holiday. We watch Nightmare Before Christmas almost daily in October. I love the crunch of leaves on the ground and the chilly breeze in the air. It makes me so happy.
And so now I must pass this award on-
Mercedes at Common Sense With Money- She really knows how to find the deals and she's saved me quite a bit of money.
Heather at Want What You Have- If I'm jealous of anyone it's her. She's so put together and she makes me look like a spendthrift.
Tread Softly at 20 Year Challenge- She has such fortitude and an admirable set of goals. I love reading how she overcomes her challenges without compromising her ideals.