Monday, September 15, 2008

What's Brewing Around Here


I have been mulling an idea around for a while and yesterday I discussed it with hubby. I am so frequently overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we own and the constant to do list that I am ready to take a big step back and simplify our lives for a while.

We haven't worked out the details yet but it looks like six months or so of a fairly restrictive budget with almost no leisure extravagances or fun money. I'm not ready to do this for a year but six months at this point almost seems necessary. I don't feel like I'll be giving up much since we've already bought most of the kids Christmas presents and I have a stockpile of sale gifts in my basement. The things I think we'd miss most are spur of the moment trips to the drive thru, yard sales and Goodwill sprees. Those same things that we'll miss are things I need to let go of the most.

My house is a mess because we have too much stuff and not enough time to tackle it.
I am overwhelmed and annoyed by the mess everywhere so I get out of the house and end up bringing more home. I don't cook every meal so we end up eating fatty restaurant food and paying too much of hubby's hard earned money out. We all need a break.
It will be hard I know. But, in many ways it will make our lives so much better. More time together. More time to clean and declutter. More homemade meals. More simple living.
Just more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We're constantly paring down and simplifying. It's an ongoing mission, and our lives are much happier for it. Yours will be too. Honest.

Google