Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I just thought it was amusing.

I'm in line last night at a busy store (it was right around 5pm when everyone is off work) and I've got a fist full of coupons.
To be honest I bought things I didn't really need- like two bottles of Endust cleaner- just because they were .69 cents after coupon. So, I wasn't feeling all that great about my cart load. Plus they didn't have the one thing on the shelf that I went into the store in the first place for.
My original total before coupons was $32.50. After coupons it was around $19. To be honest, my first thought when I heard my total was disappointment. I was hoping it would be less.
But right after that hint of disappointed I heard the "ahhs", "wows" and "you saved thirteen dollars" from the cashier and the two groups of people behind me. And then the lady next to me asked if I did the coupon game and I said no. Then I told her about the "All You" magazine for sale and she hunted it down right after I pointed it out. And as I was leaving she told me again how impressed she was. It sort of put things into perspective for me.

One other thing I've taken to doing is sharing my coupons while I'm in the store. If I see someone pick up something that I have a coupon for I ask them if they want my coupon. Not one person has turned me down yet. In fact, I've had many people thank me gleefully.
Last week I printed out extra $5/$25 coupons for Save-A-Lot and handed them out at the store because I wasn't going to use them. One lady thanked me all the way to the parking lot.
I love doing that. It's my way of spreading a little goodwill.

And now I must vacuum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome that you were able to save so much with coupons. Good for you!

It's also very kind of you to share your coupons with others. It seems like a small thing, but it makes a big difference to people!

Google