Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dollar Store Decor

I stopped by Dollar General to fill some bags (using coupons) for the pantry donation I was making today. They had 70% off clearance and I picked up two metal wall hangings for my sparsely decorated living room for $2.40 apiece.

I hung them myself which you might not know is a big deal for me. I'm nervous about any home decoration undertaking that includes making permanent holes in the wall. This explains why we still have hideous mauve shades and country blue valances in our downstairs. But, since we've decided to stay here and not downscale, I'm determined to make this house a home my family and I enjoy.

I have a stash of curtains waiting to be hung. I've been reading The Nesting Place blog for inspiration and courage. I have no hopes of impressing anyone with my techniques- nor do I care if I do. However, I feel a strange sense of elation at making this place my own. Yes, even after two years- I still look around my house and don't feel like I really live here. It's high time that changed.

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

HI Jenn,
I need your help with Ebates. I left a comment on my blog but I am copying it here too.
"Thanks so much for the Ebates tip. I need to get on Ebates. If you get something out of a referral send me an email. I read Ebates is giving $10 for signing up. So if you get something for referring me shoot me an email."
Mercedes

Google