Friday, August 29, 2008

Cleaning? Nah. Let's Cook.

Well, I was supposed to be getting out the dishrag and the mop but- cooking is good too right?

In under an hour I assembled:

Grape Kool-aid popsicles
Banana Blueberry Bread (I used Aldi's Morning Gold mix recipe- added blueberries and wheat germ and substituted soy flour for one egg as I'm running low on eggs.)
Vegetarian Beef Stew (carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, two packs of Boca crumble, water, and veg. gravy mix)
Honey Oat Bread (This recipe is all kinds of good. I add a cup of wheat flour and 1/2 tbsp. of wheat gluten.)

This time was well spent because now we won't have an excuse to order in and breakfast is already half done. I also cleaned out the crisper and vegetable bin just in time to rescue some potatoes, onion and celery before they rotted.

The toddler is requesting juice. He loves the Northland Cranberry mix that I picked up for .99 cents at the Salvage Store. Good thing since we're all out of OJ concentrate.
I must go to the grocery store sometime soon. We're even out of bread flour.

No comments:

Google