Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fling Flang Flung

Have I ever told you how much I love my trash can and my recycling bin because of the joy in getting rid of clutter?

Clothing drives and donations to Goodwill and Freecycle are second on my list.

Rather than the vacuuming and toilet scrubbing that I need to be doing- I've been spending my spare time gathering unwanted household items and clothing to send away. Tomorrow another load will leave my house and while losing those few boxes and bags probably won't be that noticeable- if I keep doing it eventually it will be.

For the first time in a long time I have multiple unused hangers in my closet and all of my clothes are folded, put away, and accounted for. Dressing in the morning is almost joyful since I know where everything is and long lost items are worn like new. I even put rose scented liners in my dresser and hung some lavender and rose potpourri bags from spare hangers in my closet.
Refreshing!

I'm off to prep dinner- baked eggplant parmesan and cherry pie brownies.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Good for you!

I felt similarly accomplished when all our trip clothes were pressed and packed, but now that everything's dirty and wrinkled again, I'm finding it hard to get going.

The Cooking Lady said...

Why do we feel the need to coolect stuff. I have said it recently, Once I recover from my suegery, I plan on digging in and removing as much stuff from my life as I possibly can.

Did I mention I will keep the family and the dog?

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more refreshing than getting rid of clutter. I can count on one hand the things I accidently got rid of so now I just toss it in the bag for goodwill. Chances are pretty good I won't need it. Good for you.

http://www.organizingconnection.com/Blog.aspx

Google