Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Living Essentials

I don't normally watch a lot of daytime television but one show that I do occasionally tivo is Living Essentials on the BYU network. The one I am watching today features Peggy Layton who is a food storage/preparation lecturer and cookbook author and deals with making and using dried and convenience foods.
For someone like me who is a visual learner trying to overcome a dependence on convenience foods and make more wholesome (healthier) scratch foods this is a blessing.

Now I'm prepared to try my hand at making my own Rice a Roni and Instant oatmeal.

Here is a link to the recipes on this episode.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Neat! I had no idea there were such programs on TV.

What is the BYU network and is it part of regular cable programming?

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

It's the Brigham Young University channel. I'm not Mormon but I do appreciate some of their family/frugality oriented ideas.
I don't think it's available on regular cable- we have the bare bones DTV package (for Tivo capability).
PBS has a show called Real Simple that is similiar but more fluffy.

Google