Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cottage Cheese Query


I'm the only one in my family who will eat cottage cheese plain. So, in the past I've thrown a lot of moldy cottage cheese in the trash. Well, I'm trying my best not to throw out any food this month and needed a way to use up this yummy staple besides making lasagna (which we just had.)


This site has a ton of recipes that use cottage cheese. I'm intrigued by the pancakes, cheesecakes, and the mock alfredo recipe. I'm out of eggs and low on milk so I'll have to stick with something simple.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I have used extra cottage cheese in oatmeal waffles or pancakes, made in a blender so you don't have the chunks. I substitute ingredients liberally around here and I think I've altered the consistency of it using the blender and used it as a replacement for some yogurt, cream cheese or sour cream in baked goods. Or, add it to whatever fruit, juice, etc. you have on hand for a good smoothie with a protein boost.

lunabelle said...

This is from one of my favorite sites: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/cottage-cheese-muffins-recipe.html

They look and sound yummy!

Google