Friday, April 4, 2008

$1 Lunch- $29.00 left in the Grocery budget

I was starving while running errands this morning and knew I didn't want to spend any of our grocery money on junky snacks. Then I remembered that I had a gift card for Starbucks (a Christmas gift) in my wallet. That's much better than any old crumby granola bar. I got a Skinny Vanilla Latte (so good- without all the slimy aftertaste) and three mini vanilla scones. The latte and one scone were enough to tide me over until lunch time.

Once a month or so when I don't have the toddler with me, I try to do something special with my Big Girl when I pick her up from pre-school. Well, today was that day but I really didn't want to take a major chunk out of our grocery money. Then I remembered that she had a free coupon for a personal pizza from Pizza Hut's Book It Program. One small pizza, a scone each, and two waters was just enough for the two of us. And she felt proud of herself for providing our lunch. I left a dollar tip.

On the way out to the car I found stray coupon for a free RedBox movie. So, tonight after our homemade pizza (yes, twice in one day- we like pizza) we're watching Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

No comments:

Google