Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mulling it over- Diaper Shopping Time



We're running low on diapers. I've been buying Aldi's Nanny brand and using Huggies Overnights at bedtime. I think it works great. Hubby is not convinced that the Nanny's are just as good at the Cosco Kirkland brand. The Kirkland brand are .20 cents per diaper. The Aldi's brand run about .17 cents a diaper.

I'm so tired of diapers and the piles of cloth diapers and covers are staring at me mockingly. The smell of two days worth of dirty diapers makes me gag. And hubby's complaining about cloth doesn't help. But, I'm considering them. Not only to stretch our diaper dollars but I really hate throwing out .20 cents of diaper in a landfill every two or three hours.

We're gingerly stepping our feet into the potty training pool. We started too early with our daughter and it backfired. As much as I love having a baby in the house I will not miss diapers- cloth or paper.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya. I have two in diapers and they both run out at the same time. I hate hate hate spending that money on them and would love to use cloth. My youngest is 9 mos. and I would definately consider it for the next

Google