Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not all Goodwills are equal- Buying for School Uniforms.

I tried out a new Goodwill today hoping to find clothing pieces for Big Girls kindergarten uniforms. She doesn't enter kindergarten for a few months so I still have plenty of time to gather the items that I need.

I loved this new Goodwill that is off of busy street (Manchester if you're a St. Louiser). The racks were loaded and there was a great variety of brand name clothing. In fact I saw more Children's Place than Faded Glory. I filled my cart with Le Top, Lands End, LL Bean, Kitestrings, Talbots, and Gap. Hunting was made easier because I only have a choice of three colors and all shirts have to have collars. I found it surprising how few children's shirts have collars. Turtlenecks in the necessary colors were plentiful. I also found brand new School Uniform brand jumpers in the appropriate color. Now all I need is a pair or two of khaki pants and a plaid jumper and we're all set.

I also snagged a brand new Gymboree top (so cute- ribbon embroidered with bachelor buttons) to send to a friends little girl for her birthday.



Here they are ready for the wash. I particularly love the Good Lad of Philadelphia flag sweater and the Kitestrings turtleneck with stags and a snowflake for Little Guy. There's no way I would pay retail prices for these things so finding them in perfect shape at the Goodwill is a real treat.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Le Top is my favorite knit--so soft! Great trip!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, what happy hunting! THAT had to be fun!

Unknown said...

Our goodwill stores up here in the maritimes are aweful compared to yours. I do go often though and have snagged a couple of deals. I am envious of your stores.

Google