Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm a Wal-Martian.

I've been to Wal-Mart more in the past week than I have in three months put together. It's the coupons... free bars of kids soap and cheap dishwashing packs have got me.

Then I found out that 18 ounce jars of Peter Pan are now only $1.00. Well, who can pass that up?

As I was leaving my cart at Aldi I noticed that someone had left an entire coupon insert in a cart. It was obviously abandoned as it was all rumpled and had other bits of paper stuck along with it. So, I grabbed it up and riffled through it in the parking lot. I found the $2.25 Electrasol coupon and $1.00 Peter Pan coupon and my mind was made up. I had to go back to Wal-Mart (which happens to be right behind Aldi).

I bought:

A replacement Christmas tree stand (our is sure to break again after two consecutive attempts at supergluing) (75% off)

Green paper plates for preschool snack days (.75 cents apiece for two sets)

Electrasol tablets (.41 cents after coupon.)

Peter Pan peanut butter (free after coupon)

Men's shaving gift set ($2.00 - to be set aside for father's day)

The total for all after taxes and coupons was $5.99

I think I'm done with Wal-Mart for awhile. Unless I find more coupons.

No comments:

Google