Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008 and a lack of resolutions

After years of setting New Years resolutions and then giving up on them within days I've decided I'm not doing it this year.

Oh, I mulled over an ever growing list of things I'd like to try- flossing every day, keeping the house clean and organized, weight loss, cash envelope system, and a complete spending halt on anything we already had on hand (no stock up buying).
But, the more I thought of all the things I wanted to do the more I got overwhelmed.

I need to start small so I'm picking one thing I think I can manage. I'm not spending another penny on personal care products until I am absolutely out of a thing I need (like shampoo or soap). We have such a stockpile of hotel soap, shampoo samples, lotions and potions that I could probably go a year without buying anything. So, that's what I'm going to try. That plus it helps out with getting rid of the clutter in my master bathroom.

I'd also like to finally hang curtains in all the bedrooms, put up the pictures that are still in the closet wrapped in the moving companies paper. In essence I'd like to make our house more homey.

No comments:

Google