Monday, December 10, 2007

For some fun- A Christmas Meme

Copied this from a great little blog- Cuppa, Cuppa, Cuppa.

Holiday Fun


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrap if at all possible. It's more personal.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees except for two things 1. the expense 2. the cats eat the needles (so the litter box has a weird porcupine effect- ouch). So, I can't beat my .50 cent garage sale tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day
5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, but I prefer it mixed half and half with skim milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My wooden doll house and the Barbie Kitchen that went into it.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. one glass one and one that Big Girl made at preschool.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My brothers.
9. Easiest person to buy for? my children.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A half broken shelf/picture frame that a friend had bought for herself and then decided that she didn't need it. I ended up throwing it away.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The Day after Christmas
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. But, I usually make sure it's something the recipient will really want.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Buckeyes
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored. White lights are too fancy for my tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay Home and then drive 1 1/2 hour to parents
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? no
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. Although this year the kids will get to open their Christmas pjs before bedtime on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Too much to do. It doesn't last long enough.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? No themes.. I am partial to the ornaments that I made when I was a kid or were from my Mom's tree growing up.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Broccoli with cheese sauce and rolls. And cherry delight.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A dvd copy of Fiddler on the Roof and a dvd of the new Harry Potter movie.

If you've read through this whole thing consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I think I've seen 15 people now select 'O Holy Night' as their favorite tune.

And, I agree, wrapping is preferred (yet our in-laws will only do bags - I can just feel the love -NOT)! :)

Google