Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's on my mind right now



My Big Girl and Little Guy both finagled 'new' toys out of me at the Goodwill today.
He is the proud owner of a Tonka helicopter (.50) and she is now in possession of a Shrek Etch-a-Sketch (2.00).
They have so much already. We've been bagging up toys here and there that they don't play with anymore but it's not enough. I would like very much to be able to donate our gently used toys to someone's children for Christmas. I'm going to call our local food bank/thrift store and see if they do this or if they can give me a name/number of someone who needs our toys. I also think it would be a -great- way to demonstrate to our children charity and to help get them involved in helping rid our toy room of excess.
Just today I think it dawned on Big Girl that her thrift store toys come from other kids that have given them up so she could have them. So, we're onto something.
I really need to make room for Christmas presents and I'd like to help someone too.

I went a little nuts at Save-A-Lot throwing one dollar Christmas dvds and music cds in the cart. But, I could not resist the cute Mary Engelbreit "Night Before Christmas" and I love Christmas music. And those dollar spice cookie candles smelled so good. Visions of a gift basket for a harried, financially strapped mom popped into my head. I'm hoping to get a good tag off of our club house's Christmas Angel tree so I can do something fun like that.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Jenny ~

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting so much. It really means a lot! I have not been visiting many blogs lately and am now catching up on yours. Everything you do is great! I love the fact that you don't want to make money from your blog - neither do I. I do it for my own sake. It's my journal, notebook, and scrap book all in one! Plus I love connecting with people. Who needs to make money off of that? :)

I love your simplify wall hanging and your thanksgiving tree. Very appropriate. You're definitely heading in a great direction.

I got some AWESOME St John's Bay Cordorouy's at the thrift store yesterday for $3.50 each. I love them and will have to post about them soon.

Thank you again and peace. :)
Ruthie

Google