Sunday, November 11, 2007

Status Quo Blogging

I started this blog because I just wasn't happy with my blog on myspace. Although I had reconnected with a lot of old friends and had a bit of an online journal outlet to boot it wasn't working for me anymore.
But, I found myself longing for a connection to other people with a frugal mindset. Especially to other Moms with small children or to other vegetarians too. Anyway, more people like myself who would get excited when I blogged about finding a good deal or whose blogs to inspire me to do things I don't normally do like- cut my children's hair, make convenience items from scratch, find new ways to save money.

I had never considered it a money making venture. My Husband and I decided to add a google web/blog search button, a tiny google advertisement and for our own amusement we made up t-shirts at cafepress.com. So, far I think I've made .20 cents. In twenty years I may make twenty dollars. I think that's as far as I'm going to go with it.

I've been looking at other ways to make money with my blog and I just don't feel right about any of them. Someday that may change. Kudos to the bloggers out there who've found a way to make their blogs profitable but at this point I think I just want it the way it is.. an online journal for myself and a way to connect with others who I can learn from and laugh and cry with.

1 comment:

SAHMmy Says said...

I didn't even know what a blog was until three months ago! I came across a site (now I realize it was a blog) where the writer casually mentioned that she had made $600 the previous month from Google Adsense. Well you know that got me looking up "blog" "feeds" and "HTML" as fast as my fingers could type. I've made a big fat $16 from Adsense in three months (and I'm sure the bulk of that is due to my Mom dutifully clicking!) I suspect that the blogger neglected to place a decimal point after the 6 :) All that just to say...I got into blogging for the money and stayed for the fun!

Google