Thursday, November 15, 2007

The home stretch of the Christmas Shopping Extravaganza.

I think except for a few special candies I'm done Christmas shopping. Strangely, I feel no relief. Just thinking about gathering the piles of hidden gifts from all over the house, wrapping them, and taking a good portion of them to the post office is the worst part.

Hubby's Grandma was the easiest purchase so far. This morning I went through Ebates (thanks Stephanie ) and ordered her Good Old Days magazine. We found out that after she reads she passes it around to her neighbors in her assisted living building and then to my in-laws. So, it's definitely a good present. The company we ordered from is sending her a post card letting her know it's from us.



With our children under the weather I decided to skip storytime at the library today. So, we have no where to go. It's nice. I plan on getting a few minor chores out of the way and finally clipping the coupons I've been sitting on for the last few weeks. With my list of special Thanksgiving foods that I couldn't get at the discount bag it yourself grocer, I have to plan a trip to a normal store. Grrr. So, out come the circulars I've managed to not look at for a few months and I'm looking for coupons for broth, marshmallow creme, and stuffing.

Oh, I bought this for myself but I thought someone else might like it for a Christmas gift. Yes, I know the whole candle/body lotion is not original but there are people like me who love to get that stuff. This particular candle came from Dollar General for six dollars. It smells wonderful and I'm already planning on re-using the ceramic crock when the candle is done.

No comments:

Google