Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Like sands through the hour glass

I've been self indulgently longing for the days before kids just because I am tired and I don't feel good.

But, looking back at our old pictures and seeing how fast my children are growing has made me pause. I don't always remember the occasion for taking the picture but I'm sure in the back of my mind I took for granted that my children would somehow always be as they were right then. Even though I know that's wrong.

Here is a picture I took of my Big Girl just about two years ago... before her little brother joined us. Before we turned our world upside down again in a move across the state to a better job and bigger house. Before the toy room explosion. And now those yellow sweatpants and that robot t-shirt (that she wanted to wear all the time) are sitting in her brother's dresser and she's no longer wearing toddler sized clothes. How fast the time has gone by.




How much did I miss in a hurry to get to the next step? The next chore?
So, let me tuck away this stupid selfish indulgence and pity because the day when these precious children leave my nest is coming soon enough.
If you'll excuse me I think I'll go clean up the kitchen table so my Big Girl and I can make some cookies together.

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh so true! My Mom always told me not to wish my life away. I'm still working on that.

Google