Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Just a quickie.

I am tired. And lacking zest in both the frugal and the creative department. Bear with me for this temporary lapse in anything good to write about.

I am pretty out of it right now and as soon as I finish this blog I am going to lay down for a nap while little guy is asleep and big girl is happy in her toy room.

The not so frugal news: we've eaten dinner out twice in a row. Neither one was particularly exciting but my husband suggested it both times so he's either tired of my cooking (I don't think so) or he's been missing his restaurant outings. Last night at the pizza parlor (on all you can eat pasta night which still isn't worth it because the pasta just isn't good.) he found a few free credits in a pin ball game. Pretty exciting for him and the kids.
I found an unexpected need in my winter wardrobe. Long sleeved casual shirts are lacking. I guess all of my old ones were ratty or stained and I threw them out. So, the kids and I drove to the Goodwill after gymnastics this morning. Unfortunately I was out of it while the checker was ringing us up and I wasn't given the black tag 50% discount. I should have paid more attention. I did get one long sleeved mock neck that is in pretty good shape. The kids each got a new little car and I found two .50 Christmas tins for putting gift goodies in.

Oh, Ruthie.. about the Foca. It works ok but I looked it up online and apparently it has more phosphates than US detergents so I won't be buying it again.

Lunch was pbj's and watered down apple juice.
Dinner plan is ramen noodle soup (boil ramens, pour off a bit of water and add some canned mixed veg (or frozen) and some veggie crumble. Cook till heated through and add half a packet of seasoning. Quick easy and pretty tasty if not the most nutritious meal out there. Fresh apples for dessert.
Pretty lackluster but it gets the job done.

And now for about twenty minutes of ZZZZ's

No comments:

Google