Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dollar General Finds and Winter Wardrobe

I no longer have a need for casual long sleeved winter shirts since I unearthed the old storage container and found two that I still could use and liked. With the addition of the 'new' mock neck from Goodwill my winter wardrobe needs are complete.
Of course, last night we ordered our tickets for Italy in February so I might want to update with some 'new' clothes by then.

$700 for my plane ticket in economy class. I suppose that's much better than the business class upgrade of $7,000. Yes, 7,000. I tried to talk sweety into letting me upgrade but he said it might be better if we used that money to make mortgage payments for five months. Darn.

After the library this morning I drove the kids to our closest Dollar General to get my fix (this is probably my favorite store) and to look for manly gifts for Christmas.
I found sweety two dvds that I'm sure he will find at least interesting if not sweep me off my feet and pump the air with his fist and declare that yes, indeed these are the best presents he's ever received great. I found a big container of toffee flavored coffee creamer to go in my Father-in-Laws big goodie basket for Christmas.

I also found a copy of Chicken Run to save for either big girls birthday or Easter basket. I bought her a children's dvd on the solar system but I think I'm going to give it to her now instead of waiting. It looks like it might be fun.

At the library I loaded up on more Amazing Planet videos for big girl and a big stack of non-fiction ghost stories for myself. Other than my favorite shows like Jon & Kate + 8 and Little People, Big World I haven't missed much about our missing premium channels. Until this month.. October, when normally I'd be tivoing every haunted house store and World's scariest whatnot I could find. I am a sucker for that kind of stuff. Halloween is my favorite holiday next to Christmas.

And now it's time to sweep and mop the kitchen and scrub the bathroom.

No comments:

Google